Sunday, May 2, 2010

Trip Report: PajamaJeans - Initials

My friends make me the guinea pig a lot, because I'm willing to do a bunch of random off-the-wall stupid things, most of them food and internet-related.  "TSatisdee, go eat a Double-Down at KFC and tell me about it."  "TSatisdee, attempt something at fancyfastfood.com and achieve greatness."  "TSatisdee, you should go buy this crap at whateverwebsite.com and tell me all about it."
And I'll totally do it too, because I'm the kinda person that will also click a link despite the fact that it says www.bestialboffers.com....just to see.  I'm like that.
So when PajamaJeans went viral on a shit ton of websites, I had to look.  I also had to buy.  And I also promised my friends that I'd post a detailed report about these awesome-looking things, because they are, tentatively, something that they would ALL buy.  So I've guinea-pigged myself out, for 47.80, for the welfare of the INTERNET.
I have also just noticed a lot of commas and hyphens up there.  Ish.
So let's start with the initial impressions and ordering process involved with these things, i.e. the boring part:

The website itself, PajamaJeans.com , has changed since I ordered from it.  Upon initially discovering this, the website took you straight to a standard As-Seen-On-TV/straight from the interwebz purchasing site.  A video of the product, a price in an explosion shape, and a pull down menu for your size.  I don't have the paperwork in front of me, but if I remember correctly it was 34.95 for a pair of pajamajeans, with a free heather-gray t-shirt in the same size, not including shipping and handling.  While the price was slightly stifling, I wanted a pair badly and the internet was depending on my internet impulse-shopping to follow through.  So I threw the money at it, praying it would stick, and explained to my husband that not only are pajamajeans a novel, awesome and potentially world-changing product, I had people depending on me.  I have such a loving husband.
However, I just checked the website that the above link will take you to, and something amazingly corporate has happened.  Pajamajeans.com now takes you to pajamagram, one of those ridiculously priced "I forgot a Mother's Day/Anniversary/Sorry I cheated gift and can't think of anything else" sites that packages a cutesy pj set in a fancy box for an outrageous amount of dough.  And, the price has gone up from the slightly-ouchtastic 34.95 to a knee-blowingly OW 59.95 up to size 14 and an OMG WTF BBQ 64.95 for 1X to 3X sizes.  At these new prices, yall would have been out of LUCK.
With that out of the way, we'll go back to my personal experience with the original website and purchase.
Fucking douchebag pajamagrams.

Price-wise, 34.95 with shipping and whatnot, even with a FREE gray t-shirt, came to 47.80 (or possibly .90).  Time will tell if the first-quoted price is worth it.  We'll see in a day or two.
Shipping:  Oy.  This was a typical ASOTV agreement, that would see my pajamajeans shipped in FIVE TO SEVEN WEEKS.  Dammit.  As I ordered mine on April 2, 2010 and received them April  29, that's not that bad.  However, the main issue I had was that usually internet vendors will tell you via e-mail when there is an issue with stock, or when your item ships, and I received neither.  These things sold like hotcakes, and if I hadn't subscribed to their FaceBook profile I never would have known that they were backlogged like a mofo and that it could possibly have taken longer than normal.  I also never recieved a shipping receipt, so it was kinda like Christmas when they showed up out of nowhere.  However, I received them in a slightly-timely manner, so no major complaints.

First reaction: HOLY SHIT MOTHERFUCKING PAJAMAJEANS WOOT.  Opening the package, my inner geek took over before my inner consumer could critique, so I immediately dropped trou in my living room and put them on, tag and all.
I am 5 foot 3 inches.  I get that I'm short, and also a size 18.  When you are a size 18, most women's clothing manufacturers figure that you're at LEAST 5'4", and unless I can find it in a petite size it's going to be long.  The pajamajeans were long, and I accept that.  There are ridiculously soft, and they do indeed have contrast stitching just like real denim jeans.  They also have back pockets, and front pockets, and rivets-like thingies, so they do resemble the real deal.  But OMG how do they not have belt loops?  Why would you NOT include belt loops?  The waistband isn't gathered with elastic like the typical Hanes sweatpants you pick up at WalMart, so there is a LOT of room at the top, even with my sizable gut.

DISCLAIMER: When ordering things online, you never can tell about the size ratio, so whilst I am a solid 18, I ordered a 20-22 in case they ran small.  After all, on the commercials all the pajamajean wearing models were 4 or 6 at the most.  Because, you know, fat girls wearing sweats do NOT sell sweats, but skinny girls wearing sweats DO.  I plan on washing them in a hot water cycle to shrink them down, but that brings up another point I'm about to discuss.

DISAPPOINTMENT:  You can't put them in the dryer.  The tag clearly beseeches the new owner to wash their new pajamajeans before wearing them, and OMG please wash them ALONE, and DRY FLAT.  This irks me, because what's the point of buying these convenience sweats/jeans for the CONVENIENCE if you have to jump hoops to wash them?  Donkulous.

So there''s the initials for my PajamaJeans.  Later today I will wash them, and that trip report will also be fairly boring, but not nearly as long as this one.  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. You could kill a computer clicking all willy-nilly and collecting viruses and malware and crap...and you end up with pajama jeans. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am truly protected, as paranoid as the husband is....besides, I don't believe I ever mentioned the terms "willy-nilly".

    ReplyDelete